They say, ‘play with fire and you’re gonna get burned.’
We say, ‘not if you’re doing it well!’
Dunter has been playing, performing and teaching about fire for more than a decade. He holds a pyro certification card in Canada and is a member of a fire performance troop.
In the course of this full-day workshop he will take you through his Fire play 101 and 102 classes for scene-based play, which include demonstrations followed by hands-on practice.
What You Will Learn
Fire play 101, offers an introduction designed to teach you the basics of fire play. Here is some of what you will learn:
- Safety, safety, safety!
- the concepts and physics of alcohol-based fireplay and how to make an alcohol mix
- various techniques including the use of torches and cups
- proper care of your equipment
Fire play 201 goes into some more advance areas of fire play, including things like:
- more on safety including after care
- the use of flash cotton or flash paper
- how to make your own little “flame thrower”
- using two torches in your scene
- what a fire glove is and how to use it
- using mousse in creative ways and more
What You Will NOT Learn
There will be no fire flogging, whips or performance techniques like fire breathing or spinning taught in this workshop.
Who Should Attend
Anyone with an interest in fireplay for scenes. You should attend if…
- you have an interest in (and healthy fear of) fire play and want to learn how to do it from a seasoned practitioner.
- you already use fire play in your scenes and want to improve your skills or add techniques to your repertoire.
If you have fire play supplies feel free to bring them but everything you need to participate in this workshop will be provided
When, Where and How Much
Saturday, June 17, 2017
10:00 – 4:00 pm
NHOT World Headquarters (address provided when you register – vetting applies)
$120/pair (you must register as a pair for this workshop. Notice we didn’t say couple. Any 2 bodies that want to partner up are welcome to register)
The registration fee includes:
• The workshop, including supplies
• Light snacks throughout the day
Dunter is a fire lover with over a decade experience from play to performance. He holds a certification for fire performance in Canada and is a member of a fire performance troop. He has a tips and tricks up his sleeve!
As an educator, he enjoys sharing his knowledge and is an active member of the Montreal kink community with almost two decades of experience in various disciplines, including many forms of edge play, like rope suspension, electro-play and fireplay.
His knowledge and skill, coupled with his ability to infuse just the right amount of humor and fun into his teaching, make him a sought after presenter.
He has presented at a variety of venues including; Fetishcon, Shibaricon, Thunder in the Mountain, Bound in Boston, Fetish Fair Fleamarket and Torture Garden.
In addition to his kink credentials, Dunter spent two years as part of the flying rigger team for Cirque du Soleil and 10 years as a weapon master for the movie industry.
Space is extremely limited for this event! We suggest you contact us asap to reserve your spot or start the vetting process.